Thursday, April 11, 2013

Disorders of the Day

Manias

1.  Mythomania - I was flipping through the dictionary, Merriam-Webster to be exact, and came across this word.  It made me laugh.  I know people who are mythomaniacs.

Mythomania is an excessive or abnormal propensity for lying and exaggerating.

Can you think of anyone who suffers from this disorder?

2.  Anglomania - I suppose there could be a mania for any country.  This one is an pervasive interest in England or things English.

Are you an anglomaniac if you live in England?

3.  Clinomania - I know way too many people who suffer from this.  I think I do too.  It is an excessive desire to stay in bed.  It is considered a disorder.  Can you imagine?  There is even a website to help people who suffer from clinomania.

4.  Dromomania - I most definitely have this and am satisfying this mania next week.  It is the passion for traveling.

5.  Polkamania - I think wedding DJs have this, a craze for polka dancing.


So, do you have any of these disorders?  There are many more.  I will find you one.  ;-)  Hopefully we can find you some help as well.

I know my mom and dad have Hawaii islomania - obsession for islands.  The only cure for that, though, is actually going there.




No comments:

Post a Comment