Sunday, September 23, 2012

Word of the Day

It has been quite a while since I've done a word of the day post, but I just couldn't let this one go.  Now, I never knew there was a word to describe this action.  I was surprised that John knew this word.  After finding out about it, he told me I could do this to my dictionary...

defenestrate - throw through or out of the window

Imagine if, when we were kids playing ball in the street, one of us hit a ball into a window accidentally and we went home to tell our mom that we defenestrated the ball.  I remember when my eighth grade history teacher defenestrated a student's tennis shoes.  That just doesn't sound right, but that one word stands for the whole action of throwing something through or out of a window.

It feels good to know that we can still learn things as we get older.  You can defenestrate old age!

No comments:

Post a Comment