Monday, May 16, 2011

Unfolding an Open Window

I'm so excited!  I got the news this morning that I was accepted to be part of the homeschool crew to evaluate homeschool products and then review them on my blog like I did with the MRSA unit study.  I was so disappointed that I did not get the part-time teacher position I had applied for with another company, but when I thought about it I realized that for every closed door there is an open window.  This is my window.  I will still get to write.  I will have a job that will require me to write.  I love it!

For the past few months I have been taking a Universal Class through the Peters Township Library website called "How to Write a Unit Study."  For my homework, I am required to research how one particular subject can tie into all academic fields like math, art, music, science, etc.  I have been enjoying the brainstorming and research that I need to do for each lesson.  Hopefully one day soon I will actually get some of my unit studies published.  As soon as I figure out how.

I haven't forgotten about my novel.  It sits here on my computer gathering virtual dust.  I don't lack the motivation to write; I lack a sufficient amount of time to sit down and get anything done.  I am hoping after our last 4H this Thursday that I'll be able to get some reading and writing done.

Does anybody remember my word of the day posts?  Does anybody miss it?  Should I bring it back?  My kids still use the word quinquennium from time to time.

Here is a good quote I just read:

Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study.  Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.  ~Henry L. Doherty

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Being part of the homeschool crew sounds like fun, and I understand the joy of finding a job that requires writing!

    ReplyDelete